Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Report of Birth Abroad and Adoption

Replace or Amend a Consular Report of Birth Abroad

Is your Child a U.S. Citizen?

When a child is born to at least one U.S. citizen parent outside of the United States, U.S. law may confer citizenship on the child, depending on various factors. Citizenship laws are complex, and it is impossible to address all factual situations here. Below, however, are the most common ones.  Please note that in order to process a child’s claim to U.S. citizenship, the U.S. parent must establish that he/she is the biological parent.

For more information please click on the following link: Report of Birth Abroad (PDF 172 KB). For the Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CBRA) form, click on the following link: CBRA

What are the Netherlands Antilles Adoption Regulations?

For more information about Netherlands Antilles adoption regulations please click on the following link: Adoption in the Netherlands Antilles (PDF 658 KB)

Adobe Reader

  • Download Free
    Download Free

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.