Passport Renewal for Children age 16-17
Please follow the instructions on this page if:
- You are at least 16 years old but have not yet reached your 18th birthday; and
- You are able to submit your most recent passport with your application.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your most recent United States passport;
- One of your parents (or a legal guardian) and his/her valid U.S. or foreign passport;
- Any foreign passport that you may currently hold, have held, or been included in;
- Any name change documentation: If the child's name has changed since the most recent passport was issued, you will be required to furnish name change documentation. Please follow this link for additional application requirements;
- Passport application form DS-11: Form DS-11 must be printed on separate sheets of paper; do NOT print this form on front and back of the same sheet. For tips on completing the DS-11, follow this link;
- Two identical passport photographs: The consular section will reject any photographs that do not meet the specified requirements. Vending machine photographs and photographs printed on a home computer are unacceptable;
- Fees: The application fee is U.S. $135.00 or the equivalent in Nafl. Accepted payment methods are:
- Cash; or
- Cashier's Check, negotiable in the U.S. to the exact U.S. dollar amount made payable to "U.S. Disbursing Officer."
Note: The Consulate cannot accept personal checks. Cashier's Checks must have been issued within the last 5 months.
- A self-addressed, prepaid commercial courier waybill to have your documents returned to you once processing is completed;
Method of Application
You are required to apply for the passport in person.
The American Citizen Services unit is open to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 09:00am – 11:00am. An appointment is mandatory.
Our address is:
U.S. Consulate General
Consular Section/American Citizen Services
J.B. Gorsiraweg 1
Tel: +(599-9) 461-3066 (no visa information)
Fax: +(599-9) 461-6489 (no visa information)
Email: ACSCuracao@state.gov (no visa information)
An application for a full-validity (ten years for applicants age 16 or over; five years for children under age 16) passport will be sent to the United States for printing with a secure, photo-digitized image of the bearer. You should allow 15 working days for the application to be processed.
If you are traveling within 15 working days and can provide evidence of this travel, you may be eligible for an emergency limited-validity passport.